Join Anastasia McCune for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the element of chance, part of Building Elearning Games in Captivate.
- [Voiceover] In real life,…we have to deal with the element of chance all the time.…Being able to utilize chance in your Captivate projects,…can make them more interesting…and better simulate real life situations…that you're learners may face.…A commonly used way to utilize chance in programming,…is through the use of a random number.…There are many ways that that could be used.…A random number could represent a roll on the dice,…or the number you get when you spin a spinner.…In the example we're about to build,…we'll generate a random number…between one and three inclusively,…so basically you can end up with one, two, or three.…
The Captivate project will then jump to a different slide…for each one of the random numbers.…We'll be setting up branching,…just which branch you end up on,…will be decided by chance.…In our Captivate file, the number one…will land you on slide 15,…which has a question on it.…The number two will land you on slide 16,…which has a different question on it,…and three will land you on slide 17,…
- Creating timed activities
- Adding an element of chance with a random number generator
- Using random question slides
- Tracking activity and score with advanced actions
- Utilizing Captivate 9's new knowledge check questions