Join Anastasia McCune for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the HTML5 Tracker, part of Captivate Projects: Mobile and Responsive Design.
- When targeting HTML5 as an output format…for your Captivate projects,…there's a great tool you can use…to make sure your project is up to snuff.…Remember that there are some features in Captivate…that work well in SWF output,…but in HTML5 might work erratically or not at all.…To quickly identify anything that might be problematic,…I'm gonna go to the Project menu and then HTML5 Tracker.…And you can see here that we have a list…of some offending items on a slide by slide basis.…
So a good thing to know is that these non-compatible items…wont' prevent your project from being published.…I'm gonna go to the File menu and then Publish.…Here I'm pointing to the end folder in my exercise files.…I've got HTML5 selected, so now I'm gonna click Publish.…Flash warns us that there are some slides…or objects in this project that are not supported in HTML5.…You can locate them using the HTML5 Tracker.…Do you want to continue with your publish?…I'm gonna say "Yes".…
And the project publishes out just fine.…So you might be wondering: "Well what happens…
- Using the HTML5 Tracker
- Choosing mobile-friendly dimensions and controls
- Adding gesture support and geolocation features
- Adding video
- Ensuring mobile compatibility for nonresponsive projects
- Utilizing smart positioning
- Creating responsive quizzes and simulations
- Previewing and publishing a mobile Captivate project
Skill Level Intermediate
Articulate Storyline Advanced Techniqueswith Daniel Brigham2h 11m Intermediate
Captivate Projects: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design Essentials: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Mobile Compatibility and Features for Both Types of Projects
2. Ensuring Mobile Compatibility for Nonresponsive Projects
3. Designing Responsive Projects
4. Previewing and Publishing
Where to go from here1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.