- If you have a large number of questions to add into a quiz…adding and formatting all those questions in Captivate…can take a lot of time.…Also, you might have a situation…where you're working with another person on the questions,…but that person doesn't have Captivate.…In these situations, GIFT files might be a good solution.…A GIFT file is basically a textual version of your questions…that uses a special format.…You can then import it into Captivate.…GIFT stands for General Import Format Technology.…
You can create a GIFT file using a simple word processor…like Notepad or TextEdit.…There's a GIFT file in the start folder,…in the exercise files for this lesson.…So, I'm gonna open that up in Notepad on my computer.…So, the syntax is pretty simple.…Let's look at the first question,…which is a multiple choice question.…The question title goes in between the double colons.…Next comes the question itself.…
The answers are contained within…the opening and closing curly braces.…So, here's the opening one and here's the closing one.…
- Adding graded quiz questions
- Choosing behavior settings
- Negative scoring and partial scoring
- Adding and scoring knowledge checks
- Customizing quiz behavior
- Creating pretests and surveys
- Packaging results for an LMS
- Uploading to Moodle
Skill Level Intermediate
Captivate: Advanced Techniqueswith Anastasia McCune4h 33m Intermediate
Instructional Design: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Intermediate
1. Adding Questions and Choosing Settings
3. Customizing Quiz Behavior During a Quiz
4. Utilizing Further Quiz Features
5. Reporting Results
Where to go from here1m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.