In this video, learn how to record narration and add the resulting audio to a slide in your project, as well as how to make adjustments to the audio for volume and play options.
- [Narrator] Another type of media file…you might want to add to your slides here in Captivate,…is your own voice, or narration.…That's what we're going to do in this movie.…We'll continue working with our Landon Hotel project, 0403,…if you're catching up, and here in the film strip,…on the left side, we'll click slide two.…Currently, we see text and our character,…but we don't hear anything.…Perhaps it'd be nice if it felt like…this character was saying these words,…"welcome", "click proceed", et cetera.…Well, in that case,…we can record our own voice, and add it to the slide.…
Well, to do that, we go right up to the record button.…Click there and it's going to open up the slide audio window…that we worked with in a previous movie…for editing our audio file, but right now,…you can see there is no audio file,…and it's waiting for us to record,…there's the record button, F5 can also be used.…You can also, before you start recording,…choose your device, you can see,…clicking the device that appears here for me,…
- What is Captivate 2017?
- Touring the Captivate 2017 interface
- Building a project
- Using assets and interactions
- Adding animation
- Adding and programming buttons
- Adding audio and video
- Using voiceovers
- Elearning assessment basics
- Setting up a quiz
- Publishing your project
Skill Level Beginner
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Build a Project
3. Use Assets and Interactions
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.