In this video, learn how to create an invisible button that can be placed over other objects that can't be used as buttons to make it appear as those they are.
- [Instructor] Well, we now know how adding Buttons…to our project can make them more interactive…for our learners.…But what happens when you have Objects on a Slide…that can not be converted into a Button…and you want people clicking them to perform an action?…Well, in that case you might consider placing an invisible…or transparent Button over top of that Object…so it looks like they're clicking the Object…to perform an action.…That's what we're going to do in this movie…with our Landon Hotel project.…Open up O3O5,…if you're catching up we left off on Slide two.…
Now we did create a couple of Buttons out of Shapes…and when you do that, when you create a Shape…and you click the Use as Button checkbox…to turn it into a Button it becomes a SmartShape.…You see that up here as the label, SmartShape and a number.…Yours might be different than mine,…same thing for our Quiz Button.…Well, that's not going…to make sense once we look at our timeline…and start working with things…so let's click and drag over the label that it's given…
- What is Captivate 2017?
- Touring the Captivate 2017 interface
- Building a project
- Using assets and interactions
- Adding animation
- Adding and programming buttons
- Adding audio and video
- Using voiceovers
- Elearning assessment basics
- Setting up a quiz
- Publishing your project
Skill Level Beginner
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Build a Project
3. Use Assets and Interactions
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.