In this video, learn how to control when elements appear on a slide, set how long they appear on the slide, and adjust object timing in relation to other objects, all using the timeline.
- In the previous movie we added some animation…to objects on the slide, add some visual interest.…When we previewed the slide we saw…all of those animations happening at once…and then they seemed to disappear.…There may be an issue with timings,…and that's what we're going to talk about…in this movie, including using the timeline…to set things up.…Let's do another preview here,…let's go up to the preview drop down…and play the slide.…Sure enough all those animations happen at once…and then they seem to disappear,…in fact everything seems to disappear…for 12 seconds or so,…and then they reappear at the end of the preview.…
Something's going wrong.…And we're going to start with our slide timing.…So with the slide selected over here…in the filmstrip area, and properties selected,…go down to slide duration and there it is,…that's the issue.…The slide lasts for 15.1 seconds,…each of these images only lasts for…the default three seconds that we saw.…That's why they seem to disappear.…So we have some fixing up to do.…Now we could do something like change the slide duration.…
- What is Captivate 2017?
- Touring the Captivate 2017 interface
- Building a project
- Using assets and interactions
- Adding animation
- Adding and programming buttons
- Adding audio and video
- Using voiceovers
- Elearning assessment basics
- Setting up a quiz
- Publishing your project
Skill Level Beginner
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Build a Project
3. Use Assets and Interactions
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.