In this video, learn what states are and how to change states of an object on a slide based on actions that occur on a slide or other objects that will be programmed to trigger the change in state.
- [Instructor] In this movie we're going to explore…a nice time saving feature known as states.…States are one object on a slide…that can appear in multiple different ways according…to states that are either created by default…for that object, or created by you.…That's what we're going to do in this movie…with this file: LH_0306.…I know we've been building up slides in our project.…I've added some slides for you,…and if you open this one up you'll be caught up with me.…It's in the chapter 3 folder of your exercise files.…
You'll notice where we have our…London slide and the London suite…which is called the Oxford Suite slides,…I've added some more for you.…A couple of slides for Paris,…and a couple of slides for San Francisco.…Really just duplicates of what we created earlier,…but for different locations…with different text and pictures.…I've also added this slide, slide 11, labeled it Proceed.…That's where we're going to start the quiz,…and if we go back to slide 2 where we have our two buttons,…Proceed which takes us to the about Landon slide,…
- What is Captivate 2017?
- Touring the Captivate 2017 interface
- Building a project
- Using assets and interactions
- Adding animation
- Adding and programming buttons
- Adding audio and video
- Using voiceovers
- Elearning assessment basics
- Setting up a quiz
- Publishing your project
Skill Level Beginner
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Build a Project
3. Use Assets and Interactions
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.