In this video, learn how to add, create, and apply advanced actions for those times when you want more than one action to take place at the same time based on user input.
- [Tutor] So we learned in the previous movie…how we can create multiple states for an object,…which we did for our character here on slide two,…and then create an action like clicking a button…to change the state of our object.…That's what happens now when we click proceed or quiz -…our character changes the direction he's pointing.…But then we're stuck.…Really, it should change direction…and then proceed to the next slide,…or proceed to the quiz slide.…Well, to create multiple actions that work together,…we need to use something called advanced actions.…
That's what we're going to do…with our Landon Hotel project here;…LH_0307 if you're catching up.…To access advanced actions we go up to Project…and choose Advanced Actions.…Here's where we're going to create them.…In a moment, we'll choose how they're activated.…Let's start with the proceed action.…We'll click under Action Name…and type in how about proceed, makes sense.…And now all we have to do is add the actions…by going down below and clicking the add button;…
- What is Captivate 2017?
- Touring the Captivate 2017 interface
- Building a project
- Using assets and interactions
- Adding animation
- Adding and programming buttons
- Adding audio and video
- Using voiceovers
- Elearning assessment basics
- Setting up a quiz
- Publishing your project
Skill Level Beginner
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Build a Project
3. Use Assets and Interactions
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.