In this video, learn how to navigate the UI, beginning with the start screen and its options for creating new projects or opening existing projects, and then moving onto the main areas of the UI for both a blank project and a responsive project.
- [Instructor] Well it's time now to launch Captivate 2017…and get comfortable in our surroundings…with a quick tour of the user interface.…When you launch Captivate, you'll notice this start screen…with a couple of options at the top.…Recent and New.…New should be selected or highlighted…and that means, down below, you'll see thumbnails…for the different types of new projects you can create,…such as a Responsive Project.…If what you're creating is intended to be viewed…on multiple devices, computers, tablets, smartphones,…you'll want to choose this option.…
Captivate gives you all the tools you need…to make sure your content looks good on any…and all of those devices.…There's a Software Simulation project you can create.…Device Demo.…How about From PowerPoint?…Perhaps you've been using PowerPoint slides all this time…and now you're ready to use Captivate.…Why not get a headstart by creating your project…from a PowerPoint presentation, using those slides.…Or, if you like to storyboard,…using Captivate Draft you can create your new project…
- What is Captivate 2017?
- Touring the Captivate 2017 interface
- Building a project
- Using assets and interactions
- Adding animation
- Adding and programming buttons
- Adding audio and video
- Using voiceovers
- Elearning assessment basics
- Setting up a quiz
- Publishing your project
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Build a Project
3. Use Assets and Interactions
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.