Join Anastasia McCune for an in-depth discussion in this video Timers on quiz questions, part of Captivate Projects: Building Elearning Games.
- If you want to put a time limit…on your regular quiz questions there's a feature…that will make things easier for you…if you're using Captivate 9.…In this example file we have…a regular multiple choice question on slide 2.…Over on the right, in the Properties area on the Quiz tab,…if you look in the area near the Captions…you'll see that there's a new check box for Time Limit.…So I'm going to select that and I'm going…to give my user 10 seconds to answer the question.…I'm also going to select the option to put…a Timeout Caption so when the user runs out of time…they get a message saying so.…
You can see the caption has appeared here…and I'm just going to move it up.…So let's go ahead and see how it works.…So on this question I'm just going to sit here…for 10 seconds and wait for the time to run out.…Alright, so we've got our caption,…and we'll go ahead and click anywhere to continue on.…We'll answer the second question, the sky is blue.…And here on the Quiz Results slide you can see…that because I ran out of time on the first question…
- Creating timed activities
- Adding an element of chance with a random number generator
- Using random question slides
- Tracking activity and score with advanced actions
- Utilizing Captivate 9's new knowledge check questions