Join Anastasia McCune for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up visual assets for lifelines, part of Building Elearning Games in Captivate.
- In our H Plus Sport project,…users encounter a final set of questions…that increase in difficulty,…going from slides 20…all the way down through slides 28.…So to implement the idea of a lifeline into our project,…we're going to make the satellite phone available…for three of the questions.…Those questions are going to be slides 24,…25 and 26…which are all medium-level questions.…The idea is that when you click on the satellite phone icon,…you connect with your H Plus Sport contact, Fee Teng,…who gives you a clue as to how to answer the question.…
We're going to offer the satellite phone…three times as I said,…but we're only going to allow it to be used twice.…So we're going to use advanced actions to check…how many times it's been used.…If you've been following along in the course,…how we do this will probably look kind of familiar.…Now, these slides…that we're going to offer the satellite phone on…already have some advanced action stuff going on…in order to track the score,…and that is okay, it won't be in our way.…
- Creating timed activities
- Adding an element of chance with a random number generator
- Using random question slides
- Tracking activity and score with advanced actions
- Utilizing Captivate 9's new knowledge check questions