Join Anastasia McCune for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up advanced actions for lifelines, part of Captivate Projects: Building Elearning Games.
- At this point in our project,…if we preview from Slide 24,…you can see that when we click on any of the phones,…then the appropriate hint comes up…and that is true for all three of the questions…where the satellite phone is available.…So now, let's talk about…the appropriate visibility of the phones…on all three of those slides.…We're saying that the phone can be used twice.…We're going to offer it three times,…but it can only be used twice.…So, in that case, it makes sense…that a user would be able to see the phones…on the first two slides.…
We're offering it twice.…These are the first two slides.…They should be visible.…For the third question, think of the scenario…where the user has used their hint on the first question…and they've used their hint on the second question,…so by the time they get here to the third question,…we've used up our two tries,…so we shouldn't be able to see the satellite phone.…We need to write an advanced action…to account for that possibility.…The way we're going to approach this…is assume that the phone should be turned off,…
- Creating timed activities
- Adding an element of chance with a random number generator
- Using random question slides
- Tracking activity and score with advanced actions
- Utilizing Captivate 9's new knowledge check questions