Join Anastasia McCune for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting themes and colors, part of Captivate 8: Mobile and Responsive Design.
- A lot of the work of creating a Captivate project…is in setting up the layouts,…and the fonts, and colors.…Captivate can make that easier for you…by offering a number of themes to choose from.…I'm going to create a new responsive project.…Now I'm going to go to the themes button…and pick a theme.…There are many to choose from, so just pick…the one that you think is closest…to what you have in mind for your project.…I'm going to choose vivid.…So your Captivate setup might be…a little different than mine.…
My project started out with a blank slide.…So I'm going to go over here to the properties area…and I'm going to change my master slide…from blank to a layout that I want to work with.…I'm going to choose introduction.…I'm actually going to open up my timeline as well,…and also change my view from 100 to best fit.…So right away I'm going to move from primary view…to tablet view, to mobile view.…You can see that the design, and the text sizes,…and so on, change to accommodate all three…of those sizes.…
So I'm going to go back to primary view…
- Using the HTML5 Tracker
- Choosing mobile-friendly dimensions and controls
- Adding gesture support and geolocation features
- Adding video
- Ensuring mobile compatibility for nonresponsive projects
- Utilizing smart positioning
- Creating responsive quizzes and simulations
- Previewing and publishing a mobile Captivate project
Skill Level Intermediate
Articulate Storyline: Advanced Techniqueswith Daniel Brigham2h 11m Intermediate
Captivate 9: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Mobile Compatibility and Features for Both Types of Projects
2. Ensuring Mobile Compatibility for Nonresponsive Projects
3. Designing Responsive Projects
4. Previewing and Publishing
Where to go from here1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.