Join Pooja Jaisingh for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting the snap behavior for the drop target area, part of Captivate Projects: Drag-and-Drop Interactions.
- In this exercise, we will learn how to modify…the snap behavior based on the interaction requirements.…We are in the Snap Start project.…You can open it from the Exercise Files folder,…under Chapter 3 folder.…We'll need to open the 'Drag and Drop' properties inspector…to modify the snapping behavior of drop targets.…The default snapping position for a drop target…in Captivate project is anchored to the center.…This works best when a draggable and a drop target…are of the same shape and size.…
But, it becomes less relevant…when you want to the draggables…to anchor to some other position.…Take an absolute position or tile inside the drop target.…Let's see how we can make these changes…to soothe our requirements.…To change the anchor point of the drop target,…select the drop target. And the snap behavior position,…select one of the nine anchor points.…In this example, let's select the bottom left corner.…Let's preview to see the changes.…
Click 'Preview'. 'Project'.…Notice how the draggable snaps to the bottom left corner.…
- Creating your first drag-and-drop interaction
- Building a drag-and-drop question
- Categorizing draggables and drop targets
- Setting acceptance and rejection behaviors
- Assigning actions
- Providing feedback via captions and audio
- Setting interaction-level actions
- Defining the correct answers
- Advanced drag-and-drop interactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Captivate Projects: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design Essentials: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Creating a Drag-and-Drop Interaction
2. Creating Questions and Practice Activities
3. Applying Effects
4. Categorizing Objects
5. Acceptance and Rejection Settings
6. Providing Feedback
7. Interaction-Level Settings
8. Defining the Correct Answer Set(s)
9. Taking the Interaction to the Next Level
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.