Join Pooja Jaisingh for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting the size, opacity, and depth of draggables when dropped, part of Captivate Projects: Drag-and-Drop Interactions.
- In this exercise, we will learn how to set the size,…opacity, and depth of draggables…when placed on the drop targets.…We are in the Settings Start project.…You can open it from the Exercise Files folder…under Chapter 03 folder.…Here is a drag-and-drop interaction…where we need to drop the objects…in the shopping bag.…Let's preview it.…Click Preview, Project.…When you drop an object on the shopping bag,…it just sits on top of the shopping bag…and doesn't look realistic.…
In reality, we would like to have an effect…where the object is dropped into the shopping bag…and disappears once inside the shopping bag.…Let's see what changes will help us do so.…Close the Preview window.…Click Window, Drag and Drop,…to bring up the Drag and Drop Inspector.…Select the shopping bag.…Here, below the snapping position options,…we have the options to control the Size,…Opacity, and Depth values,…which will help us achieve that effect.…You can change the size of the object…anywhere between zero to 100 percent.…
This will help you reduce the size of the draggables…
- Creating your first drag-and-drop interaction
- Building a drag-and-drop question
- Categorizing draggables and drop targets
- Setting acceptance and rejection behaviors
- Assigning actions
- Providing feedback via captions and audio
- Setting interaction-level actions
- Defining the correct answers
- Advanced drag-and-drop interactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Captivate Projects: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design Essentials: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Creating a Drag-and-Drop Interaction
2. Creating Questions and Practice Activities
3. Applying Effects
4. Categorizing Objects
5. Acceptance and Rejection Settings
6. Providing Feedback
7. Interaction-Level Settings
8. Defining the Correct Answer Set(s)
9. Taking the Interaction to the Next Level
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.