Join Pooja Jaisingh for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting the drag-and-drop sequence, part of Captivate Projects: Drag-and-Drop Interactions.
- When you create a drag-and-drop interaction,…by default if you have a correct combination…of a draggable and a drop target,…the answer is marked as correct.…Let's add some twist to this so that,…along with the right combination…of draggable and drop target, they have to be placed…in the correct sequence to mark the answer as correct.…We are in the the Sequence_Start project.…You can open it from the exercise files folder…under Chapter 08 folder.…
On the toolbar, click "Interactions," "Drag and Drop."…Select the draggables and click "Next."…Select the drop place-holders and click "Next."…Show the relationship between the step and its place holder…and click "Finish."…In the "DRAG AND DROP" inspector, under "Options" tab,…click "Set Correct Answers."…In the Correct Answers dialogue,…change the "Type" to "Sequence."…Make sure the steps are listed in the correct sequence.…
If not, select the step, and click…the move-up, move-down button…to place it at the correct position.…Click "OK."…Now let's preview it. Click "Preview," "Project."…
- Creating your first drag-and-drop interaction
- Building a drag-and-drop question
- Categorizing draggables and drop targets
- Setting acceptance and rejection behaviors
- Assigning actions
- Providing feedback via captions and audio
- Setting interaction-level actions
- Defining the correct answers
- Advanced drag-and-drop interactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Captivate Projects: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design Essentials: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Creating a Drag-and-Drop Interaction
2. Creating Questions and Practice Activities
3. Applying Effects
4. Categorizing Objects
5. Acceptance and Rejection Settings
6. Providing Feedback
7. Interaction-Level Settings
8. Defining the Correct Answer Set(s)
9. Taking the Interaction to the Next Level
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.