Join Pooja Jaisingh for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting the acceptance behavior for drop targets, part of Captivate 9: Drag-and-Drop Interactions.
- In this exercise we will learn how…to set the acceptance criteria for drop targets…to control the number of draggables to be placed…on drop target and restrict entry…of some of the draggables.…We are in the acceptance start project.…You can open it from the exercise files folder,…under Chapter 5 folder.…Here's a many to one interaction…that I have already categorized the draggables…as stars and circles, and have set…the snap behavior as style.…
Currently, when you place a star in the circle section,…it is accepted and the circle is accepted…in the star section.…The learners will know that they made a wrong choice…only when they click the Submit button.…This behavior might not be useful…when you need to create a practice…or an autocheck type of an activity.…We need to alert the learners right away…to help them correct their behavior.…In this example, let's see how we can restrict stars…from entering the circle section and vice versa…by modifying the acceptance properties.…
Let's first bring up the Drag and Drop Inspector.…
- Creating your first drag-and-drop interaction
- Building a drag-and-drop question
- Categorizing draggables and drop targets
- Setting acceptance and rejection behaviors
- Assigning actions
- Providing feedback via captions and audio
- Setting interaction-level actions
- Defining the correct answers
- Advanced drag-and-drop interactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Captivate 9: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Creating a Drag-and-Drop Interaction
2. Creating Questions and Practice Activities
3. Applying Effects
4. Categorizing Objects
5. Acceptance and Rejection Settings
6. Providing Feedback
7. Interaction-Level Settings
8. Defining the Correct Answer Set(s)
9. Taking the Interaction to the Next Level
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.