Join Anastasia McCune for an in-depth discussion in this video Responsive simulations, part of Captivate 8: Mobile and Responsive Design.
- Captivate is popular because it does a lot…of the work for you when creating projects…that demonstrate a series of steps on the screen.…That's also true when creating projects…that allow the user to practice…doing a set of steps on the screen.…These types of projects are commonly…known as software simulations.…Software simulations have evolved in Captivate 8,…and can create simulations that are responsive.…So, to demonstrate, I'm going to open up…in a browser, LandonHotel.com, so here it is.…
And then back in Captivate, I'm going…to create a new responsive project.…I'm going to leave the break points and everything…just at the default of what they already are,…and I'm going to go to the slides menu,…and choose software simulation.…So, Captivate asks, "Where do you want me…"to insert the slides that you're about to record?"…After slide one is fine.…And so I'm going to take a minute just…to make sure my recording window is set up.…I do want to record here in the browser.…I'm going to re-size, I'm sorry, I'm going…
- Using the HTML5 Tracker
- Choosing mobile-friendly dimensions and controls
- Adding gesture support and geolocation features
- Adding video
- Ensuring mobile compatibility for nonresponsive projects
- Utilizing smart positioning
- Creating responsive quizzes and simulations
- Previewing and publishing a mobile Captivate project
Skill Level Intermediate
Articulate Storyline: Advanced Techniqueswith Daniel Brigham2h 11m Intermediate
Captivate 9: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Mobile Compatibility and Features for Both Types of Projects
2. Ensuring Mobile Compatibility for Nonresponsive Projects
3. Designing Responsive Projects
4. Previewing and Publishing
Where to go from here1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.