Join Anastasia McCune for an in-depth discussion in this video Other considerations for HTML5 compatibility, part of Captivate 8: Mobile and Responsive Design.
- As your Captivate projects get more and more complex,…there are a few things to be aware of…just to make sure that all will work well…for HTML5 for mobile.…First, I'm going to point you to this often referenced…page on the Adobe help about publishing projects as HTML5.…As you scroll down this has a nice handy list…of Captivate features that aren't supported in HTML5,…and there's some other good information too.…I want to point out especially this section…about best practices for creating…Captivate projects for iPads.…
These practices are all good to follow.…I really want to point out the write up…about avoiding overlapping audio.…That's referring to if you have two or more sounds…that would play at the same time in your project.…This article describes several scenarios of overlapping…audio and then says in what order…the audio would be played in.…So check this out if you're heavy on audio in your project.…Also, check out the top issues for Captivate 8 page.…This page has saved me a few times…when I was seeing odd behavior…
- Using the HTML5 Tracker
- Choosing mobile-friendly dimensions and controls
- Adding gesture support and geolocation features
- Adding video
- Ensuring mobile compatibility for nonresponsive projects
- Utilizing smart positioning
- Creating responsive quizzes and simulations
- Previewing and publishing a mobile Captivate project
Skill Level Intermediate
Articulate Storyline: Advanced Techniqueswith Daniel Brigham2h 11m Intermediate
Captivate 9: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Mobile Compatibility and Features for Both Types of Projects
2. Ensuring Mobile Compatibility for Nonresponsive Projects
3. Designing Responsive Projects
4. Previewing and Publishing
Where to go from here1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.