Join Anastasia McCune for an in-depth discussion in this video How Captivate fits into the mobile landscape, part of Captivate 8: Mobile and Responsive Design.
- Mobile devices are everywhere, so of course,…more and more e-learning developers…want to make new projects or repurpose…their old projects to be mobile-friendly.…In this lesson, we're gonna walk through…a little bit of history, we'll also look at…the different types of Captivate projects,…how they differ in behavior and their possible outputs.…That way you can see how different Captivate projects…fit into the landscape when you're targeting mobile devices.…I'm gonna divide Captivate projects…into three general types, Responsive, which is new…in Captivate 8, Non-Responsive, and Video.…
So, we're gonna begin here on the start page of Captivate,…and track each one from start to finish.…We'll begin with Non-Responsive projects,…these are the type of projects…that have been in Captivate for the longest.…Specifically, these are Blank,…From PowerPoint, and Software Simulation.…These type of projects all have a .cptx file extension.…Now here on the start page of Captivate,…there's also this create a project…From Project Template button, this would…
- Using the HTML5 Tracker
- Choosing mobile-friendly dimensions and controls
- Adding gesture support and geolocation features
- Adding video
- Ensuring mobile compatibility for nonresponsive projects
- Utilizing smart positioning
- Creating responsive quizzes and simulations
- Previewing and publishing a mobile Captivate project
Skill Level Intermediate
Articulate Storyline: Advanced Techniqueswith Daniel Brigham2h 11m Intermediate
Captivate 9: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Mobile Compatibility and Features for Both Types of Projects
2. Ensuring Mobile Compatibility for Nonresponsive Projects
3. Designing Responsive Projects
4. Previewing and Publishing
Where to go from here1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.