Join Anastasia McCune for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the Branch Aware setting, part of Building Elearning Games in Captivate.
- Branch Aware quizzing is an option…that's been around since Captivate 6.…What it allows you to do is break quiz questions…into paths or branches.…A final score on the quiz is calculated based only…on the questions in the branch that users have viewed.…Utilizing this feature can be one way…to set up leveling in your projects.…Here's an example.…We have a project here that has two possible levels,…Level 1 and Level 2.…So, you can see that we have a total…of six quiz questions here in our project.…
Each one of them is worth 10 points.…And you can look either in the Quiz panel,…or a quick way to do it is to go to the Window menu…and choose Advanced Interaction.…You can see each one is worth 10 points,…for a total of 60 possible points.…So, let's set up some branching.…Level 1 has just these three questions,…and Level 2 has the last three questions.…Starting from our entry slide, Level 1, this button here,…the Action is to go the next slide, and that's appropriate.…For Level 2 here, let's have the Action for this,…
- Creating timed activities
- Adding an element of chance with a random number generator
- Using random question slides
- Tracking activity and score with advanced actions
- Utilizing Captivate 9's new knowledge check questions