Join Pooja Jaisingh for an in-depth discussion in this video Executing shared actions with drag-and-drop interactions, part of Captivate Projects: Drag-and-Drop Interactions.
- Now let's recreate the same interaction…from the last movie by using shared actions…instead of advanced actions.…Let's select all the description captions…and make them invisible in output.…To do so let's go ahead and open the timeline.…Let's make it a little taller to see all the objects.…Shift select D1, D2, D3 and D4 captions.…Go to the properties inspector and turn off the visibility.…
With the four captions still selected…right click and select Group.…Name the group as "All Descriptions".…Now let's write the shared actions.…Click Project, Advanced Actions, name the action as "Drag".…Write the script to hide all descriptions and show D1.…Click Save As shared action.…Write a short description about the shared action.…
Now add description for both the parameters.…Click Save and then OK.…Click Close to close the Advanced Actions Panel.…Now let's create the drag and drop interaction.…On the toolbar click Interactions, Drag and Drop.…Move the Submit button in the scrap area.…Select the drops and click Next.…Select the drop target and click Next.…
- Creating your first drag-and-drop interaction
- Building a drag-and-drop question
- Categorizing draggables and drop targets
- Setting acceptance and rejection behaviors
- Assigning actions
- Providing feedback via captions and audio
- Setting interaction-level actions
- Defining the correct answers
- Advanced drag-and-drop interactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Captivate Projects: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design Essentials: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Creating a Drag-and-Drop Interaction
2. Creating Questions and Practice Activities
3. Applying Effects
4. Categorizing Objects
5. Acceptance and Rejection Settings
6. Providing Feedback
7. Interaction-Level Settings
8. Defining the Correct Answer Set(s)
9. Taking the Interaction to the Next Level
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.