Join Pooja Jaisingh for an in-depth discussion in this video Executing advanced actions with drag-and-drop interactions, part of Captivate 9: Drag-and-Drop Interactions.
- In this exercise we will learn how to run an…Advanced Action on the drop of each draggable…to show a description of the related term.…We are in the Advanced Actions_Start project.…You can open it from the Exercise Files folder,…under Chapter 09 folder.…In this project, I have added four terms on the left.…And on the right, there's an empty shape.…On top of this shape, there are four text captions…for the description for each term.…
Let's select all the description captions…and make them invisible in the output.…So that they are not visible upfront,…and we can trigger the visibility of the caption…based on the drag action.…To do so, let's go to the Timeline.…Let's make it a little taller to see all the objects.…Shift-select D1, D2, D3 and D4 captions.…Go to the Properties Inspector…and turn off the Visibility.…
Let's also group these captions.…With these four captions selected,…right-click and select Group.…Name the group as All_Descriptions.…Now, let's write the Advanced Actions.…Click Project, Advanced Actions.…
- Creating your first drag-and-drop interaction
- Building a drag-and-drop question
- Categorizing draggables and drop targets
- Setting acceptance and rejection behaviors
- Assigning actions
- Providing feedback via captions and audio
- Setting interaction-level actions
- Defining the correct answers
- Advanced drag-and-drop interactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Captivate 9: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Intermediate
Instructional Design: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Intermediate
1. Creating a Drag-and-Drop Interaction
2. Creating Questions and Practice Activities
3. Applying Effects
4. Categorizing Objects
5. Acceptance and Rejection Settings
6. Providing Feedback
7. Interaction-Level Settings
8. Defining the Correct Answer Set(s)
9. Taking the Interaction to the Next Level
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.