Join Pooja Jaisingh for an in-depth discussion in this video Example two: Building a drag-and-drop question, part of Captivate 9: Drag-and-Drop Interactions.
- Now let's create a multiple-choice question screen,…but instead of selecting the correct option,…you need to drag and drop the correct option…to the designated drop area.…We are in the DnD Question_Start project.…You can open it from the Exercise Files folder,…on the Chapter 2 folder.…In this project, we will be using…these text captions as draggables,…and for the drop target, I've added a blank…Smart Shape on top of the whiteboard.…The rest of the objects on the slide…are locked so that we don't accidentally…select them while creating the interaction.…
To create the interaction,…click Interactions, Drag and Drop.…Select the three text captions as drag sources.…Click Next, select the blank Smart Shape…as drop target, and click Next.…Match the correct answer caption…with the empty Smart Shape, and click Finish.…Now we need to make this question a part of the quiz.…In the Drag and Drop inspector,…on the Actions tab, select Include in Quiz…and assign the required score for the question.…
Your drag-and-drop multiple-choice question is ready.…
- Creating your first drag-and-drop interaction
- Building a drag-and-drop question
- Categorizing draggables and drop targets
- Setting acceptance and rejection behaviors
- Assigning actions
- Providing feedback via captions and audio
- Setting interaction-level actions
- Defining the correct answers
- Advanced drag-and-drop interactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Captivate 9: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Intermediate
Instructional Design: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Intermediate
1. Creating a Drag-and-Drop Interaction
2. Creating Questions and Practice Activities
3. Applying Effects
4. Categorizing Objects
5. Acceptance and Rejection Settings
6. Providing Feedback
7. Interaction-Level Settings
8. Defining the Correct Answer Set(s)
9. Taking the Interaction to the Next Level
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.