Join Pooja Jaisingh for an in-depth discussion in this video Example three: Categorization interaction (many to one), part of Captivate 9: Drag-and-Drop Interactions.
- In this exercise we will be creating…a Drag and Drop interaction where the learners…have to categorize the Fruits and Vegetables…in different sections.…If they place the Vegetables in Fruit section,…Vegetables will be sent back to their original position,…and vice versa.…We are in the FruitsVeg Start project,…you can open it from the Exercise Files folder,…under Chapter 04 folder.…On the toolbar, click Interactions, Drag and Drop.…Press and hold the shift key and select the Fruits.…
Click the + next to Add To Type,…type fruits and click OK.…Click anywhere outside the stage area…to deselect the Fruits.…Press and hold the shift key and select the Vegetables.…Click the + next to Add To Type,…type vegetables and click OK.…Let's go to the next step.…Click Next and select the Fruits and Vegetables section.…
Click Next.…Drag an arrow out of one of the Vegetables…and drop it on the Vegetables section.…All the Vegetables will be linked to that section.…Similarly, drag an arrow out of one of the Fruits…and drop it on the Fruits section.…
- Creating your first drag-and-drop interaction
- Building a drag-and-drop question
- Categorizing draggables and drop targets
- Setting acceptance and rejection behaviors
- Assigning actions
- Providing feedback via captions and audio
- Setting interaction-level actions
- Defining the correct answers
- Advanced drag-and-drop interactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Captivate 9: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Intermediate
Instructional Design: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Intermediate
1. Creating a Drag-and-Drop Interaction
2. Creating Questions and Practice Activities
3. Applying Effects
4. Categorizing Objects
5. Acceptance and Rejection Settings
6. Providing Feedback
7. Interaction-Level Settings
8. Defining the Correct Answer Set(s)
9. Taking the Interaction to the Next Level
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.