Join Pooja Jaisingh for an in-depth discussion in this video Example six: Drag and replace, part of Captivate 9: Drag-and-Drop Interactions.
- Now let's create an interesting Drag and Drop interaction…to dress up the doll.…We are in the Doll_Start project,…you can open it from the Exercise Files folder…and the Chapter 5 folder.…In this project, I have already added the artwork…for the doll, her dresses and the hairbands.…I have also locked the doll image, background image,…and the title caption, so that we don't accidentally…select them while creating the interaction.…We need to create two drop targets in this interaction.…
One for the dress and the other for the hairband.…The best way to create a drop target…of the exact same shape and size…is to make a copy of one of the draggables…and make it transparent.…Let me show you how to do it.…Select one of the dresses, press and hold…the Control key on your keyboard,…Option key on the Mac,…and drag the object on top of the doll.…This will create a copy of the dress.…Adjust the dress correctly on top of the doll…so that it fits her perfectly.…
Now with the dress selected,…go to the Properties inspector…under Style tab, click Edit Image.…
- Creating your first drag-and-drop interaction
- Building a drag-and-drop question
- Categorizing draggables and drop targets
- Setting acceptance and rejection behaviors
- Assigning actions
- Providing feedback via captions and audio
- Setting interaction-level actions
- Defining the correct answers
- Advanced drag-and-drop interactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Captivate 9: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Creating a Drag-and-Drop Interaction
2. Creating Questions and Practice Activities
3. Applying Effects
4. Categorizing Objects
5. Acceptance and Rejection Settings
6. Providing Feedback
7. Interaction-Level Settings
8. Defining the Correct Answer Set(s)
9. Taking the Interaction to the Next Level
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.