Join Pooja Jaisingh for an in-depth discussion in this video Example four: Solve the equations (many to many), part of Captivate 9: Drag-and-Drop Interactions.
- In this exercise we will be creating a drag and drop…interaction where the learners have to solve the equations…by placing the correct numbers in the placeholders.…We are in the Equation_Start project.…You can open it from the Exercise Files folder…and the Chapter 04 folder.…On this slide, you can see that we have three instances…of number four and two instances of number five…at the bottom of the screen in the solutions area.…To allow the learners to place any of the correct solutions…to a matching equation, we will need to create a…many-to-many type of an interaction…where we will be categorizing the draggables…and drop targets with multiple instances.…
On the toolbar, click Interactions, Drag and Drop.…Let's move the Submit button out of the way.…Press and hold the Shift key and select…all instances of digit four.…Click the plus sign next to Add To Type.…Type Four and click OK.…Click in the blank area outside the stage to deselect.…Press and hold the Shift key again and select all the…instances of digit five.…
- Creating your first drag-and-drop interaction
- Building a drag-and-drop question
- Categorizing draggables and drop targets
- Setting acceptance and rejection behaviors
- Assigning actions
- Providing feedback via captions and audio
- Setting interaction-level actions
- Defining the correct answers
- Advanced drag-and-drop interactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Captivate 9: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Creating a Drag-and-Drop Interaction
2. Creating Questions and Practice Activities
3. Applying Effects
4. Categorizing Objects
5. Acceptance and Rejection Settings
6. Providing Feedback
7. Interaction-Level Settings
8. Defining the Correct Answer Set(s)
9. Taking the Interaction to the Next Level
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.