Join Pooja Jaisingh for an in-depth discussion in this video Example five: Drag-and-drop menu page, part of Captivate 9: Drag-and-Drop Interactions.
In this exercise, let's learn how to create…a drag and drop menu page…where you can drag and drop the module key…on the keyhole to unlock the related module.…We are in the menu page Start Project.…You can open it from the Exercise Files folder…and the Chapter Five folder.…In this file I've already created…and placed the artwork for module keys and keyhole.…Let's begin creating the interaction.…Click Interactions, Drag and Drop.…Select all the keys as draggables,…and click Next.…
Select the keyhole as Drop Target,…and click Next.…Drag an arrow out of all the module keys,…and place them on the keyhole.…Move the Failure caption and Submit button out of the way.…Click Finish.…Now select the keyhole image,…and under the Drag and Drop Inspector,…click Object Actions.…Click No Action next to each module,…and change the action to Jump to Slide…to the related module.…
Let's do it for the first module.…Click No Action, change the action to Jump to Slide,…select the first module, and click OK.…Go ahead and do the same for the rest of the modules.…
- Creating your first drag-and-drop interaction
- Building a drag-and-drop question
- Categorizing draggables and drop targets
- Setting acceptance and rejection behaviors
- Assigning actions
- Providing feedback via captions and audio
- Setting interaction-level actions
- Defining the correct answers
- Advanced drag-and-drop interactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Captivate 9: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Creating a Drag-and-Drop Interaction
2. Creating Questions and Practice Activities
3. Applying Effects
4. Categorizing Objects
5. Acceptance and Rejection Settings
6. Providing Feedback
7. Interaction-Level Settings
8. Defining the Correct Answer Set(s)
9. Taking the Interaction to the Next Level
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.