Join Pooja Jaisingh for an in-depth discussion in this video Example eleven: The shopping cart interaction, part of Captivate 9: Drag-and-Drop Interactions.
- In the last example of this course…let's create an interesting interaction of a shopping cart…where, when you drop an article in the shopping bag,…the price of the article is added…to the total amount to be paid.…We are in the shopping cart start project.…You can open it from the exercise files folder…under chapter nine folder.…In the variables dialogue,…you can see that I have already created variables…corresponding to each article for sale…with labels a to i.…
These variables have no values assigned to them.…And I have created a variable…with the label total with a value of zero.…Let's close this dialogue and write the shared actions…to update the total shopping cart amount.…Click project, advanced actions.…Name the action as add to total.…Write the script to assign the product price…to related variable and add it to the total price.…
The first line let's assign a…with a literal value of 200.…Let's write an expression in the second line…where total is equal to total…plus…variable a.…Let's save this as a shared action.…
- Creating your first drag-and-drop interaction
- Building a drag-and-drop question
- Categorizing draggables and drop targets
- Setting acceptance and rejection behaviors
- Assigning actions
- Providing feedback via captions and audio
- Setting interaction-level actions
- Defining the correct answers
- Advanced drag-and-drop interactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Captivate 9: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Creating a Drag-and-Drop Interaction
2. Creating Questions and Practice Activities
3. Applying Effects
4. Categorizing Objects
5. Acceptance and Rejection Settings
6. Providing Feedback
7. Interaction-Level Settings
8. Defining the Correct Answer Set(s)
9. Taking the Interaction to the Next Level
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.