Creating elearning storyboards is a great way to plan, organize, and create content. Taking the time up front to create storyboards can help to improve the effectiveness of your elearning content.
- [Instructor] Before we get started, let's take a quick look at what an e-learning storyboard is. According to Daniel Brigham, an e-learning storyboard is a document that indicates the visual elements, text elements, and audio elements for every screen of the course. In other words, it's your blueprint or game plan for the course that you're creating. Now if you're responsible for creating e-learning material, I highly recommend utilizing storyboards to plan, organize, and help create your content. They can provide structure for your lessons and help ensure that you're creating a relevant and effective learning experience for your students.
Taking some time upfront to storyboard can save you a lot of time and frustration down the road. When creating a digital storyboard for e-learning content, here are some important things to consider. First of all, what are your learning objectives or goals for the course? Determine which information and concepts need to be conveyed. Next, who's your target audience? What are their motivations, their prior knowledge? What's their expectations of the course? Next, create course flow. Convey your information in a systematic way that will empower your audience to learn the material effectively.
And finally, accessibility. Will everyone be able to access the information you're providing? Consider things such as will all students have access to the technology needed for your course? Or do your videos have captions available for someone who's hearing impaired? This course will focus on the features available in Adobe Captivate Draft and how to use them. If you like to learn more about the fundamentals of storyboarding, I recommend checking out Daniel Brigham's course called Instructional Design: Storyboarding, which is in our library.
- Navigating Captivate Draft
- Create a new project and slides
- Adding content and multimedia to slides
- Adding question slides
- Copying, moving, and deleting slides
- Previewing a project
- Viewing feedback
- Exporting or importing a project from Captivate