In this video, learn the basics of elearning: what it is, when and how it can be delivered, the three major types of elearning, and the components you should consider including in your elearning project to make it successful.
- (Narrator) Because we use Captivate…to create eLearning content as well as mLearning content,…the mobile version of eLearning,…we should understand the basics of eLearning.…This will help us to understand the ultimate goal…of what we're creating…so let's start with defining what eLearning is.…There are many definitions out there,…but they all share the same general description,…and that is "learning activities that are delivered…in an electronic format typically using a computer…with a connection to the internet".…
Well, eLearning is often called by other names too…like distance learning, distance education,…web-based training, online learning and others.…And with the recent influx of mobile devices,…we now often hear of mobile learning or mLearning…and Captivate 2017 will allow you…to create both eLearning and mLearning content.…Now eLearning can be used to educate learners…on just about anything you can imagine,…but there are three major types of eLearning to consider.…First, we have informal eLearning.…
When surfing websites,…
- What is Captivate 2017?
- Touring the Captivate 2017 interface
- Building a project
- Using assets and interactions
- Adding animation
- Adding and programming buttons
- Adding audio and video
- Using voiceovers
- Elearning assessment basics
- Setting up a quiz
- Publishing your project
Skill Level Beginner
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Build a Project
3. Use Assets and Interactions
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.