Join Anastasia McCune for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating urgency with a time limit, part of Building Elearning Games in Captivate.
- One element of gamification that's…often used to create interest or inspire motivation,…is to require participants to do something…within a time limit.…We're going to look at three different ways…to put a time limit on interactive activities in Captivate.…The scenario in our project starts here…on slides one and two of the HSport part 2 Captivate file.…The user is presented with a rickety rope bridge…that is the only way to cross over a steep drop off.…The user is then presented with information…about H+Sport on slides three and four…that they are meant to look at and learn.…
And then on slide five, they see that…some of the slats on the bridge are breaking.…You'll have to run across quickly,…answer the question on the next screen…before time runs out, and you fall through.…Slide six then has a drag and drop question…that is already built out for you.…What we'll practice with now is different ways…to add a timer to this slide.…
- Creating timed activities
- Adding an element of chance with a random number generator
- Using random question slides
- Tracking activity and score with advanced actions
- Utilizing Captivate 9's new knowledge check questions