Learn how to record and edit a simulation in Adobe Captivate to make the learners practice the steps to perform the task in a simulated, risk-free environment.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] In this video, let's learn…how to create a simulation,…and specifically a "try it" simulation.…Here, I've added a transition slide…which will appear before the simulation.…To access this project, you can go…to the Exercise files folder, Chapter 6 folder,…and open the file 6_2_start.cptx.…Let's go ahead and add the simulation.…And the steps to add the simulation…are similar to video demo.…
We have to go and click the Slides button…and select Software Simulation.…Again, you will get the list of slides…that are available in your project…and you can decide after which slide…you wish to add your simulation.…So I'll go ahead and click OK with Slide 10 selected.…Again, we will get the red rectangle box…and we will also get the recording preferences.…Let's go ahead and do the same steps.…We'll select Chrome Color Wheel…because that's what we want to record…again this time.…
And if you notice that whatever settings…we had made for video demonstration…have been made in here, which includes snap to window.…Now here, instead of video demo,…
- What's new in Captivate 9
- Creating a storyboard in Captivate Draft
- Adding text, audio and video, shapes, and animations
- Inserting interactive elements such as buttons and rollovers
- Creating a new Captivate project
- Creating timeline animations
- Applying effects
- Creating a drag-and-drop interaction
- Creating a simulation
- Adding assessments
- Adding closed captions for narration
- Enabling accessibility
- Enabling LMS reporting
- Enabling accessibility
- Creating responsive projects
- Publishing a Captivate project
Skill Level Beginner
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
Creative Insights: Renaldo Lawrence on Elearningwith Renaldo Lawrence31m 33s Appropriate for all
Creating Multimedia Learningwith Renaldo Lawrence56m 59s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Adobe Captivate Draft
3. Noninteractive Objects
4. Interactive Objects
Adding states to objects5m 51s
5. New Captivate Project
6. Simulations and Video Demonstrations
8. Before You Publish
9. Preview and Publish
10. Responsive Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.