In this video, learn how to find and apply built-in themes to a project to create consistent visual interest, including background objects and color schemes.
- [Instructor] As you're creating your projects…here in Captivate, another thing you'll notice…that's set up for you by default is…the look and feel.…We started a new responsive project a few movies ago.…We've added a couple of slides and some fluid boxes,…and you're starting to get a feel for what…it's going to look like.…Right now, it's not all that visually interesting…with a plain background.…We see near the title here that it's going to be…a dark gray.…Same thing for subtitles.…As we move through the various slides…you get a feel for what it's going to look like.…
Now, if you need to catch up,…just open up "LH_0205" and you'll have what I have.…What you might consider doing is changing up the theme.…Something I also like to do near the beginning of a project…so later on as I'm adding more slides…and more content,…I'm going to get a good feel…for what that looks like with the theme…already selected as opposed to changing…the theme up at the end of a project.…You may have to go in and make adjustments that way.…
- What is Captivate 2017?
- Touring the Captivate 2017 interface
- Building a project
- Using assets and interactions
- Adding animation
- Adding and programming buttons
- Adding audio and video
- Using voiceovers
- Elearning assessment basics
- Setting up a quiz
- Publishing your project
Skill Level Beginner
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Build a Project
3. Use Assets and Interactions
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.