In this video, learn how to start a new project from scratch by selecting the new responsive project template to create a project that's viewable on any device.
- [Instructor] Creating a new Captivate project…from a PowerPoint presentation…allows you to get a nice headstart…and basically mimic your presentation here in Captivate.…Of course, you then would have the opportunity…to make modifications, add interactivity, etc,…but what you really have are very basic slides.…The content you see on the slide…is more like a slide background.…You don't have individual objects…that you can move around and work with.…So, you may want to create your new project from scratch…and borrow content from a PowerPoint presentation.…
It's actually much more popular…than creating directly from the slides.…Let's close up what we created in the previous movie here.…You can go to File and Close…or go up to the tab that appears above the first slide here,…click that X in the left hand corner,…and choose Don't Save to close up the project.…It takes us back to the start screen…and, as you can see here, with New selected,…we can create new projects,…including a blank project or a responsive project.…
- What is Captivate 2017?
- Touring the Captivate 2017 interface
- Building a project
- Using assets and interactions
- Adding animation
- Adding and programming buttons
- Adding audio and video
- Using voiceovers
- Elearning assessment basics
- Setting up a quiz
- Publishing your project
Skill Level Beginner
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Build a Project
3. Use Assets and Interactions
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.