In this video, learn how to add closed captioning to a slide that has narration, and synchronize the closed captioning text with the audio as it plays on a slide.
- [Instructor] When recording narration on a slide,…if you have text on the slide to back it up,…that's great, but what if you don't?…In those instances, you might consider…adding closed captioning, and that's what we're…going to do in this movie…with our Landen Hotel project here, LH0404,…if you're catching up.…We're going to scroll down the film strip here on the left,…all the way down to the bottom,…and click slide 11, our quiz slide.…This is where the quiz is going to begin.…We'll add some quiz slides in the next chapter,…but for now, you can see, all it says…is ready to test your knowledge?…We can add some verbal instructions to click…the appropriate buttons, and then add closed captioning…to back it up.…
So let's start with the recording, we've done this before.…Click the record button up top.…Just going to move this out of the way so I can see…the text in the background that's already there.…I'm ready to record, clicking the record button…prompts me to calibrate.…No, no need to do that, we've done it.…There's the countdown, and away we go.…
- What is Captivate 2017?
- Touring the Captivate 2017 interface
- Building a project
- Using assets and interactions
- Adding animation
- Adding and programming buttons
- Adding audio and video
- Using voiceovers
- Elearning assessment basics
- Setting up a quiz
- Publishing your project
Skill Level Beginner
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Build a Project
3. Use Assets and Interactions
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.