Join Pooja Jaisingh for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting the interaction into a practice activity, part of Captivate 9: Drag-and-Drop Interactions.
- In this exercise, we will be creating…a practice or a knowledge-type of an activity…where you can restrict the incorrect trackables…to be placed on top of drop targets,…and allow multiple attempts…for the learners to get it right.…We are in the Interaction_Start project.…You can open it from the Exercise Files folder…under Chapter 2 folder.…The drag and drop interaction is already…created for this project.…Let's modify the properties…to convert it to a practice activity.…
If you don't see a Drag and Drop Inspector…next to the Properties Inspector,…go to Window, Drag and Drop, to bring it up.…To stop the incorrect draggables…being placed on top of drop targets,…we need to tell Captivate to do so.…For example, for this drop target,…I only want "Aorta" to be dropped here.…To set these instructions,…first select the drop target.…In the Drag and Drop Inspector, under Format tab,…click Object Actions.…
In the Accepted Drag Sources dialogue,…uncheck all the drag source types…and select only "Aorta."…Click OK when you are done.…
- Creating your first drag-and-drop interaction
- Building a drag-and-drop question
- Categorizing draggables and drop targets
- Setting acceptance and rejection behaviors
- Assigning actions
- Providing feedback via captions and audio
- Setting interaction-level actions
- Defining the correct answers
- Advanced drag-and-drop interactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Captivate 9: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Intermediate
Instructional Design: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Intermediate
1. Creating a Drag-and-Drop Interaction
2. Creating Questions and Practice Activities
3. Applying Effects
4. Categorizing Objects
5. Acceptance and Rejection Settings
6. Providing Feedback
7. Interaction-Level Settings
8. Defining the Correct Answer Set(s)
9. Taking the Interaction to the Next Level
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.