Join Anastasia McCune for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting advanced actions to shared actions, part of Captivate Projects: Building Elearning Games.
- In our HSport_part2 project on slides 24, 25 and 26,…we're allowing the user a life line,…a chance to call someone to help…give them the answer to a question.…If we preview the project from slide 24,…you can see very quickly how this works.…So you just click on the phone…and you get a hint…as to how to answer the question.…There are some advanced actions…running on these slides that control if the image…of the phone appears or not,…if the hint appears or not…and also keeps track of how many times…someone has used the life line.…
If you've been following along with the course,…you saw in the previous movie…how the actions for the three different slides…do almost the same thing.…All three of these slides…have an invisible button…that is sitting on top of a picture…of the phone.…So, when you click that invisible button,…it runs an action that for slide 24…is called setPhoneClick1.…And I'm just going to go ahead and open that up.…Take a quick look at that…and now let's compare it to setPhoneClick2.…It's almost exactly the same.…
- Creating timed activities
- Adding an element of chance with a random number generator
- Using random question slides
- Tracking activity and score with advanced actions
- Utilizing Captivate 9's new knowledge check questions