Join Pooja Jaisingh for an in-depth discussion in this video Categorizing drop targets, part of Captivate 9: Drag-and-Drop Interactions.
- In this exercise we will learn…how to categorize drop targets…to help you easily create…one-to-many type of interactions.…We are on the drop targets_Start project.…You can open it from the exercise files folder…under chapter four folder.…In this project I've added a bunch of stars…and triangles as both draggables and drop targets.…We need to setup an interaction that any star…can be placed on any star placeholder…and any triangle can be placed…on any triangle placeholder…to mark the interaction correct.…
We can do so by categorizing drop targets…along with the draggables.…Let's get started.…Click Interactions, Drag and Drop.…Here we will have to categorize the draggable stars…and triangles as we did in the previous exercise.…Press and hold the shift key and select all the stars.…Now, click the + sign next to Add To Type.…Type in Stars and click OK.…Click in the blank area outside the stage…to deselect the stars.…
Now press and hold the shift key…and select the triangles.…Click the + sign next to Add To Type…and type triangles…
- Creating your first drag-and-drop interaction
- Building a drag-and-drop question
- Categorizing draggables and drop targets
- Setting acceptance and rejection behaviors
- Assigning actions
- Providing feedback via captions and audio
- Setting interaction-level actions
- Defining the correct answers
- Advanced drag-and-drop interactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Captivate 9: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Creating a Drag-and-Drop Interaction
2. Creating Questions and Practice Activities
3. Applying Effects
4. Categorizing Objects
5. Acceptance and Rejection Settings
6. Providing Feedback
7. Interaction-Level Settings
8. Defining the Correct Answer Set(s)
9. Taking the Interaction to the Next Level
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.