Join Pooja Jaisingh for an in-depth discussion in this video Categorizing draggables, part of Captivate 9: Drag-and-Drop Interactions.
- In this exercise we will learn…how to categorize draggables to help you easy create…many-to-one type of interactions.…We are in the "Categorizing draggables_Start" project.…You can open it from the exercise files folder,…under Chapter 04 folder.…In this project I've added a bunch of stars…and circles and two rectangles…as drop targets for the stars and circles.…Learners will have to place all the stars…in the "Star" section,…and all the circles in the "Circle" section.…
Let's go ahead and convert it…into a drag-and-drop interaction.…Click "Interactions," "Drag and Drop."…Let's move the "Submit" button out of the way.…Here we will have to categorize the stars and circles.…For that, press and hold the "shift" key,…and select all the stars.…Now, click the "+" sign next to "Add To Type."…Type in "Stars," and click "OK."…Click the blank area outside the stage…to deselect the stars.…
Now, press and hold the "shift" key and select the circles.…Click the "+" sign next to "Add To Type."…Type in "Circles" and click "OK."…
- Creating your first drag-and-drop interaction
- Building a drag-and-drop question
- Categorizing draggables and drop targets
- Setting acceptance and rejection behaviors
- Assigning actions
- Providing feedback via captions and audio
- Setting interaction-level actions
- Defining the correct answers
- Advanced drag-and-drop interactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Captivate 9: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Creating a Drag-and-Drop Interaction
2. Creating Questions and Practice Activities
3. Applying Effects
4. Categorizing Objects
5. Acceptance and Rejection Settings
6. Providing Feedback
7. Interaction-Level Settings
8. Defining the Correct Answer Set(s)
9. Taking the Interaction to the Next Level
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.