Join Pooja Jaisingh for an in-depth discussion in this video Assigning actions for each draggable, part of Captivate 9: Drag-and-Drop Interactions.
- In this exercise, let's learn how to assign actions…for each dragable being dropped on the drop target.…We are in the Assigning Actions_Start project.…You can open it from the Exercise Files folder…and the Chapter 05 folder.…Here's a branching slide where we the learners to decide…whether they want to visit the Basic Section of the course…or the Advanced Section,…and based on their selection,…a jump to slide action can be triggered.…Usually, for this type of an interaction,…you'll have these arrows set up as buttons.…
But, let's add some twist to this interaction…by converting it to a drag and drop interaction.…Where, when you drag the arrow on top of the board,…a jump to slide action is executed.…Let's first create the interaction.…Click Interactions, Drag and Drop.…Select the two arrows as dragables and click Next.…Select the transparent shape on top of the board…as drop target and click Next.…Drag arrows out of both the dragables…and place them on top of the drop target.…
Move the failure caption and Submit button out of the way.…
- Creating your first drag-and-drop interaction
- Building a drag-and-drop question
- Categorizing draggables and drop targets
- Setting acceptance and rejection behaviors
- Assigning actions
- Providing feedback via captions and audio
- Setting interaction-level actions
- Defining the correct answers
- Advanced drag-and-drop interactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Captivate 9: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Creating a Drag-and-Drop Interaction
2. Creating Questions and Practice Activities
3. Applying Effects
4. Categorizing Objects
5. Acceptance and Rejection Settings
6. Providing Feedback
7. Interaction-Level Settings
8. Defining the Correct Answer Set(s)
9. Taking the Interaction to the Next Level
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.