- What is Captivate 2017?
- Touring the Captivate 2017 interface
- Building a project
- Using assets and interactions
- Adding animation
- Adding and programming buttons
- Adding audio and video
- Using voiceovers
- Elearning assessment basics
- Setting up a quiz
- Publishing your project
Skill Level Beginner
- [Instructor] Hi, and welcome to this course on Captivate 2017. I'm David Rivers. This course is designed to get you acquainted with this 2017 version of Captivate, Adobe's interactive eLearning and mLearning authoring software. If you're new to Captivate, you'll learn enough to get started creating your own eLearning content, from creating projects from scratch, to adding various types of assets, creating quizzes, and publishing your finished project. For those of you who have experience with previous versions of Captivate, you'll learn about many of the new features found in Captivate 2017 to improve your authoring experience of eLearning content.
In this course, we'll begin with a review of eLearning basics before we take a tour of the user interface to get you acquainted in your surroundings. There, we'll explore workspaces, global preferences, and the completed Captivate project. Then it's on to building a project from scratch, and from exiting PowerPoint slides. We'll spend time adding various types of assets, and formatting content to look good. We'll spend an entire chapter on assessing learning through the use of quizzes before we finally explore a variety of options for publishing your completed work.
There's lots to cover, so let's get started.
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Build a Project
3. Use Assets and Interactions
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.