Join Anastasia McCune for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding video, part of Captivate Projects: Mobile and Responsive Design.
- If you need to insert video into…your mobile Captivate projects, there's good news.…If you've used video before in Captivate projects,…there's basically nothing different you have to do…in order to have video work for HTML5 output.…We'll add a video to our project here,…just to run through the process quickly,…and see it working in a responsive project.…The video we're gonna use shows the California coast.…So we're gonna add it to slide 13,…which has some text talking about this featured area.…So I'm just gonna keep this really simple…and not mess around with having controls…for the video, like play and pause and so on.…
I'm just gonna dump it on the screen and have it auto-play.…So I'm gonna go to the Media menu…and then choose Video.…I'm gonna choose Multi-Slide Sychronized Video.…Captivate can import in FLV, F4V, AVI, MLV, MP4,…and 3GP video file formats.…I've got an MP4 in the exercise files…for this lesson, so that's what I'm going to use.…If you're using a different video than the one…that's provided in the exercise files,…
- Using the HTML5 Tracker
- Choosing mobile-friendly dimensions and controls
- Adding gesture support and geolocation features
- Adding video
- Ensuring mobile compatibility for nonresponsive projects
- Utilizing smart positioning
- Creating responsive quizzes and simulations
- Previewing and publishing a mobile Captivate project
Skill Level Intermediate
Articulate Storyline Advanced Techniqueswith Daniel Brigham2h 11m Intermediate
Captivate Projects: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design Essentials: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Mobile Compatibility and Features for Both Types of Projects
2. Ensuring Mobile Compatibility for Nonresponsive Projects
3. Designing Responsive Projects
4. Previewing and Publishing
Where to go from here1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.