Join Anastasia McCune for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding gesture support, part of Captivate 8: Mobile and Responsive Design.
- When you use a mobile device,…you of course use your finger,…not a mouse, to interact with the screen.…Because of this, Captivate 8 includes…support for mobile gestures, in both…responsive and non-responsive projects.…So to have your project utilize them,…go to the window menu, and then mobile palette.…From here, you just want to make sure…that the gesture configuration checkbox,…up here on the upper-left, is checked.…So here's what you get with those gestured turned on.…Users can play and pause the movie with a long tap.…
You also have the ability to swipe left and right…to move through the mobile presentation.…Now I like that one a lot,…because it's a pretty commonly used gesture.…You can also use a pinch motion…to zoom in or out on the project.…You can show and hide the table of contents…by double tapping on the screen.…And you can swipe up and down to show or hide the play bar.…If your project doesn't include a table of contents…or a play bar, then those are just ignored.…So I've put this project up on a web server,…
- Using the HTML5 Tracker
- Choosing mobile-friendly dimensions and controls
- Adding gesture support and geolocation features
- Adding video
- Ensuring mobile compatibility for nonresponsive projects
- Utilizing smart positioning
- Creating responsive quizzes and simulations
- Previewing and publishing a mobile Captivate project
Skill Level Intermediate
Articulate Storyline: Advanced Techniqueswith Daniel Brigham2h 11m Intermediate
Captivate 9: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Mobile Compatibility and Features for Both Types of Projects
2. Ensuring Mobile Compatibility for Nonresponsive Projects
3. Designing Responsive Projects
4. Previewing and Publishing
Where to go from here1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.