Join Pooja Jaisingh for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding feedback captions, part of Captivate Projects: Drag-and-Drop Interactions.
- In Captivate Drag-and-Drop Interactions,…you can add three types of feedback captions.…Success, Failure, and Hint.…Before we get started, I would like to show you…how the completed project works.…Let's preview it.…Success caption will appear…when the learner will place…the correct draggable on drop target.…Failure caption will appear…when the learner drops a draggable…on top of an incorrect drop target,…and hint caption will appear…when you hover over the drop target.…
Let's see how we can attach these feedback captions…to the drop targets.…In order to do this, let's open the Feedback Captions…Start project from the Exercise Files folder,…under Chapter 06 folder.…Here's a many-to-one interaction…that I have already categorized the draggables…as Subject and Predicate,…and have set the snap behavior as style.…I have also restricted entry of Subject…in Predicate area,…and Predicate in Subject area.…
Let's add the captions now.…Click Window, Drag and Drop…to bring up the Drag and Drop Inspector.…Press and hold the Shift key…
- Creating your first drag-and-drop interaction
- Building a drag-and-drop question
- Categorizing draggables and drop targets
- Setting acceptance and rejection behaviors
- Assigning actions
- Providing feedback via captions and audio
- Setting interaction-level actions
- Defining the correct answers
- Advanced drag-and-drop interactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Captivate Projects: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Appropriate for all
Instructional Design Essentials: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Appropriate for all
1. Creating a Drag-and-Drop Interaction
2. Creating Questions and Practice Activities
3. Applying Effects
4. Categorizing Objects
5. Acceptance and Rejection Settings
6. Providing Feedback
7. Interaction-Level Settings
8. Defining the Correct Answer Set(s)
9. Taking the Interaction to the Next Level
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.