You can create custom interactions in Adobe Captivate by adding buttons, click boxes, and using shapes as buttons. In this movie, learn how to add buttons and click boxes and set different actions for these interactive objects.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] In this chapter, let's learn about the…basic interactive objects that you can add…to your eLearning courses.…The first amongst those interactive objects is a button.…To add a button, you can go to Interactions…and select Button.…This will add a button automatically…on your slide at the center position.…You can go ahead and move it anywhere you want…and even resize this button.…One thing you will notice with a button…is that you will not be able to modify the text.…
Even if you double-click, you will not be able to…select this text.…To change the text on this button,…you can go to the Properties Inspector…and change the text under the Caption section.…Go ahead and select that and change…it to any other caption.…And go ahead and hit Enter.…This will add the text to your button.…You will get some limited formatting…changes for your character set.…I'll go ahead and change it to 36 point…so that it's nicely visible.…
Here, you can go ahead an assign an action…to this particular button.…To assign an action to the button,…
- What's new in Captivate 9
- Creating a storyboard in Captivate Draft
- Adding text, audio and video, shapes, and animations
- Inserting interactive elements such as buttons and rollovers
- Creating a new Captivate project
- Creating timeline animations
- Applying effects
- Creating a drag-and-drop interaction
- Creating a simulation
- Adding assessments
- Adding closed captions for narration
- Enabling accessibility
- Enabling LMS reporting
- Enabling accessibility
- Creating responsive projects
- Publishing a Captivate project
Skill Level Beginner
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
Creative Insights: Renaldo Lawrence on Elearningwith Renaldo Lawrence31m 33s Appropriate for all
Creating Multimedia Learningwith Renaldo Lawrence56m 59s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Adobe Captivate Draft
3. Noninteractive Objects
4. Interactive Objects
Adding states to objects5m 51s
5. New Captivate Project
6. Simulations and Video Demonstrations
8. Before You Publish
9. Preview and Publish
10. Responsive Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.