Adobe Captivate lets you add narration, music, step-by-step instructions, system audio, or almost any sound to your projects. In this movie, learn how to record and import background audio, slide audio, and attach audio to an object.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] In Captivate, you can…record or import audio at three levels.…One is, by adding a background audio for your project,…second is, attaching audio to your slide,…and the third is, attaching audio…to the objects on your slide.…Besides these, you can also trigger audio…using the play audio action.…We'll be looking at that action when we…talk about the interactive objects,…and also by building our course.…
For now, let's go ahead and start with the background audio.…To add background audio, you can go to…Audio on your menu and select…Import to, and select Background.…That will ask you to import the audio file.…Go to the Desktop, and the Exercise Files folder,…Chapter 3 folder, Audio, and here I have…saved a file for you with a name BG_Audio.wav.…Go ahead and open this file.…
Once the audio is imported,…you will see the add, replace option,…and you get some options on how you want to play this audio.…You can add the fade in and fade out…for this particular audio.…You can also loop audio, which would be…a requirement for a background audio.…
- What's new in Captivate 9
- Creating a storyboard in Captivate Draft
- Adding text, audio and video, shapes, and animations
- Inserting interactive elements such as buttons and rollovers
- Creating a new Captivate project
- Creating timeline animations
- Applying effects
- Creating a drag-and-drop interaction
- Creating a simulation
- Adding assessments
- Adding closed captions for narration
- Enabling accessibility
- Enabling LMS reporting
- Enabling accessibility
- Creating responsive projects
- Publishing a Captivate project
Skill Level Beginner
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
Creative Insights: Renaldo Lawrence on Elearningwith Renaldo Lawrence31m 33s Appropriate for all
Creating Multimedia Learningwith Renaldo Lawrence56m 59s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Adobe Captivate Draft
3. Noninteractive Objects
4. Interactive Objects
Adding states to objects5m 51s
5. New Captivate Project
6. Simulations and Video Demonstrations
8. Before You Publish
9. Preview and Publish
10. Responsive Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.