Join Pooja Jaisingh for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding audio feedback for incorrect responses, part of Captivate 9: Drag-and-Drop Interactions.
- In this exercise, we will learn how to provide…audio feedback for incorrect responses.…Let's continue using the same Exercise File,…Audio_Feedback_Start, from the last video.…If you don't have the Drag-and-Drop inspector open,…click Window, Drag-and-Drop to bring it up.…If you just wish to add incorrect feedback sound effects…for all the incorrect answers,…go to the Drag-and-Drop inspector…and in the Options tab, select Play Audio.…Let's preview it!…I'll go to Preview, From this Slide.…
When I place a draggable on the incorrect drop target,…I hear sound indicating that the response was not correct.…(sound effect)…Let's go back and look at how to add personalized narration…for incorrect responses.…First, let's remove the sound effect we just added.…In the Drag-and-Drop inspector, under Options tab,…uncheck Play Audio.…To add personalized incorrect feedback,…we will need to use a workaround…as there's no direct way to do so.…
Select the yellow criteria drop target.…In the Drag-and-Drop inspector,…under Format tab, select Display On Reject.…
- Creating your first drag-and-drop interaction
- Building a drag-and-drop question
- Categorizing draggables and drop targets
- Setting acceptance and rejection behaviors
- Assigning actions
- Providing feedback via captions and audio
- Setting interaction-level actions
- Defining the correct answers
- Advanced drag-and-drop interactions
Skill Level Intermediate
Captivate 9: Software Simulationswith Anastasia McCune2h 47m Intermediate
Instructional Design: Storyboardingwith Daniel Brigham1h 14m Intermediate
1. Creating a Drag-and-Drop Interaction
2. Creating Questions and Practice Activities
3. Applying Effects
4. Categorizing Objects
5. Acceptance and Rejection Settings
6. Providing Feedback
7. Interaction-Level Settings
8. Defining the Correct Answer Set(s)
9. Taking the Interaction to the Next Level
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.