In this video, learn how to import and insert a video file into a fluid box on a slide, and make adjustments to how the video plays and how the controls appear by choosing an appropriate skin.
- [Narrator] Well just as we can add audio…to slides in our Captivate project,…we can also add video.…Video can be very useful especially with…somewhat more boring slides, that maybe contain text.…So let's do that with our Landon Hotel project,…0402 if you're catching up and we'll go to slide three.…We do see some text here on the left about Landon Hotels…and a place holder for an image,…that just came with the slide layout…that was used to create this,…but we're not going to use an image,…so let's click the image placeholder…when the handles appear around the outside,…press the delete key on your keyboard…and click okay to confirm removing it.…
Now over here on the right,…when we click on that empty space you can see it is…a fluid box, that means anything we place in here…will automatically be aligned and sized properly,…but I'm thinking we want it maybe at the top half…and room for a button down below…if we want to be able to watch the video…and not have the slide automatically…leave on us when it's done.…So, let's go up to our fluid box drop down on the ribbon,…
- What is Captivate 2017?
- Touring the Captivate 2017 interface
- Building a project
- Using assets and interactions
- Adding animation
- Adding and programming buttons
- Adding audio and video
- Using voiceovers
- Elearning assessment basics
- Setting up a quiz
- Publishing your project
Skill Level Beginner
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Build a Project
3. Use Assets and Interactions
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.