In this video, learn how to add shapes to a slide, convert them to buttons, and program them to perform a task when clicked, such as choosing a direction to follow in the project.
- [Instructor] One excellent way to make your projects…more interesting and interactive…is to give your learners something to click.…In this movie, we're going to work with buttons.…There are some predesigned buttons you can add…from Captivate but you can create your own as well…and program them to perform certain actions.…And that's what we're going to do with our…Landon Hotel project we've been working with.…You can catch up if you need to by opening up…LH_0304 from the Chapter 3 folder of the exercise files.…
We left off with our cheering man here.…Notice the text above though says,…"Click proceed to learn about Landon locations…"and click quiz to go to a test."…Well, we could create hyperlinks out of those words.…We'll talk about hyperlinks later.…But it might look more interesting to create some buttons…on either side of our character here.…One to proceed and one to go to the quiz.…Also, if we go up to the first slide, the title slide,…you'll notice it's just simple text, Landon Hotels 101.…
And if you look at the properties over here,…
- What is Captivate 2017?
- Touring the Captivate 2017 interface
- Building a project
- Using assets and interactions
- Adding animation
- Adding and programming buttons
- Adding audio and video
- Using voiceovers
- Elearning assessment basics
- Setting up a quiz
- Publishing your project
Skill Level Beginner
Building Elearning Games in Captivatewith Anastasia McCune2h 50m Intermediate
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Build a Project
3. Use Assets and Interactions
4. Work with Media
5. Assess Elearning
6. Publish Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.